EnvyRP Community Rules
These are the rules of the EnvyRP community. These rules are crucial in ensuring a fair and realistic
Roleplay experience. We hope the rules listed outline everything but please keep in mind that rules are
subject to change without notice. If you have any questions or queries, feel free to contact a staff
member through the discord, following the chain of command.
Note - One instance of breaking a rule can result in a ban. It is your responsibility to remain updated
with any changes to the rules.
- You must be able to speak and understand English. Unless you are not in an RP situation.
- You are not allowed to play any music that is under copyright protection.
- You are not allowed to mention other “cities” under any circumstance.
- Any type, you may choose to speak another language with friends.
- You must have a working, clear microphone. A mic check will be done during the interview.
- Any type of ERP is only allowed in private with the consent of all parties involved.
- Don’t influence others to break rules, you’ll receive a similar punishment.
- Do not use any real-life events in the city. (No Suicide RP, terrorism, or outbreaks) - not limited to these examples.
- You cannot stop roleplay if something happens that you do not like. All parties must agree to it.
- You must never spam the attacking/melee button on someone.
- Always try your best to be neutral with everyone and not over the top.
- Never use an explicit or offending name on any EnvyRP platforms.
- No racism, trolling, homophobia and sexism.
- Treat each other with respect, everyone is equal.
- Combat logging/storing to avoid being robbed/arrested is not permitted.
- Using chat in a disrespectful manner will result in a kick.
- Using Discord as a form of communication through RP is prohibited.
- Do not use malicious/disrespectful language against another player due to their gender/race. An example may include calling a Female a Bitch in a malicious tone.
- Do not use any immersion breaking words. Ex. Cousins (referring to other characters, whether it be your other character or someone else’s) Spammed, Scuff(ed). Please keep the flow of RP by rolling with any sort of bug (robberies, cars being “ghosted”) and report it on the forums.
Account and Donations
- Anything that occurs on your account is your responsibility.
- It is prohibited to buy or sell accounts and/or valuables from another user other than the server owners for donation packages. The community is not accountable for scams and/or permanent death/bans of accounts or characters.
- All donations/purchases are permanent and non-refundable. If there has been a mistake or any other circumstance, please contact an owner immediately.
- All purchases/donations are tied to your account and you will be asked what character you want the donation perks given too. You cannot change your mind in the future once they are given or transfer them after.
- In a situation, where a buyer is banned for violating the server rules, any purchases made by the buyer will not be refunded, remember that buyers are held responsible for their actions, just as any other player.
- Players are not allowed to create new characters with the intent to transfer the starter money over to another character. All involved parties breaking this rule will have all their money revoked from them and potentially banned.
- Stream sniping and using information from watching a stream is against the rules. No information obtained OOC should make it in-game.
- Police cannot play a corrupt cop.
- Make sure you separate your characters. They do not know each other, they don't know where your weed location is, who your friends/enemies are, etc.
- Anything in discord that starts with RP- is in character. I.e #rp-instagram. Anything posted there means evidence or subject for search and can be used as proof.
- Value of life. At all times you must value your life as if it were your last. If you're at a clear disadvantage, for example, a gun pointed to the back of your head whilst you're looking the other direction, you must comply with their demands. If you are outnumbered 3 to 1 you must comply. This does not mean that you don’t have an option to try and escape. When possible and in a correct situation, you have the option to try and escape. A bad example of an attempt to escape is if you are being held hostage in front of a bank and decide to run away even though the person has a firearm ready.
- When you die and are taken to the hospital, revived by pressing E, you must not return to the RP scenario you were previously in for at least 30 mins.
- You are not allowed to have multiple characters that are affiliated with the same circle/gang. You must separate your RP.
- You are not allowed to transfer aka “asset dump” your possessions to another character of yours or use a middleman for this.
Cheating and Exploiting
2.1 Game Modifications, Cheating and Macros
- It is strictly prohibited to use any game modifications and enhancements that can give a player an unfair advantage, such as increased speed, health regeneration, teleportation and similar hacks. A player caught cheating will be permanently banned without any prior warning.
- Players are allowed to use visual enhancements or other game modifications that do not give the user an advantage which can be classed as cheating or unfair. Binding keys to server commands or text messages for faster and more convenient access is permitted.
- Macroing is the act of using third-party software or hardware enhancements that enable the player to perform automated actions. Macroing to perform activities for a financial benefit or to circumvent the AFK script is a bannable offense. All property and experience gained through macroing will be revoked.
2.2 Exploiting Server and Client Bugs
- Exploiting server or multiplayer client bugs is prohibited. If a bug is exploited for a financial benefit or for cheating purposes, the abuser will be banned. In addition to the ban, if a player is caught abusing a bug for a financial benefit, everything he had gained (or much more) will be revoked. (This includes camping animal spawns)
- All server bugs must be reported on the Forums. Report Here
3.1 Communication Procedures
- Refusal to communicate with other players in English will have you banned.
- Players are allowed to speak to each other in another language through personal messages or through faction chat if the faction policy permits it.
- Any kind of advertising of other GTA V communities or cyber threats is forbidden on all servers and channels. Malicious advertisements or cyber threats aimed at hurting the community will result in a permanent ban.
- Do not spam identical or meaningless messages multiple times, do not spam server commands multiple times, and do not spam game unrelated irritating sounds using voice-chat.
- In-character offensive language, threats are allowed, however, insulting another character gives them a roleplay reason to take hostile action against your character. Racism/Sexual harassment is not allowed in character or outside character.
- Both police and civilians must talk using the Radio which can be obtained through a store. This ensures realism when speaking over Radio due to the Mumble range coming into effect where people around you will be able to hear what you’re saying on the radio unless you whisper and RP it out.
- Any kind of out-of-character offensive language, threats or racism is prohibited. You cannot make death threats to living people, death threats aimed at living people will result in much harsher punishments.
- Excessively screaming swear words at people or a person is not tolerated.
- An administrator has the right to request that a player stops offending another player’s character if the administrator thinks that the in-character exception for offensive language is being abused.
- People who are bringing low quality mic/voice changers will be brought into a ticket where we can help to fix the issue if it is unintentional, or so we can help give tips for clarity with voice changers.
- The true purpose of OOC in-game is to contact staff, talk outside of Roleplay about any issues. Do not report any bugs through OOC because other players might take advantage of it. To report a bug you must do it through forum.envyrp.net https://forum.envyrp.net/forums/feedback.8/
- OOC talk can be done on discord.
- This is to ensure quality is maintained in the RP within the city limits which improves the quality for everyone and is beneficial for both streamers and non-streamers.
- If you have an urgent issue that needs to be reported, finish the RP scenario that you are involved in, and use the “M” key to report a player.
Reports and Appeals
- Players can report present rule-breakers in-game through Forums, or the “M” key, however past situations should be reported on the forums by providing all necessary information and evidence to support the report.
- If a player thinks that an administrator is abusing his powers, the player may submit a player report on the Forums.
- Administrators can request players to halt all actions in a roleplay situation if the server rules have been or are currently being broken. Those who refuse to listen to an administrator while the scene is being investigated can be kicked or banned.
Crime, Assassinations, Situations and Gangs
5.1 Robberies and Scamming
- No criminal activity 15 mins before and after a restart.
- Fake hostages are not allowed. The city is large enough for you to find a real hostage. You must plan out robberies the correct way, not simply grab a friend hostage and be done.
- Fleeca/Bank Trucks/Pacific Standard Vault require you to have an in-depth robbery plan. You are not allowed to have your escape plan be getting in a car and driving until you lose the cops. Please be creative and give RP to all parties involved.
- After doing a job (store, Vangelico, Fleeca, Truck, Pacific Standard), regardless if it is successful or not, you must impose a self cool down period of 45 minutes before doing another job.
- Players are allowed to rob other players by either roleplaying it or by forcing them to raise their hands. There is no limit on how much money or items you can take from a single robbery. A criminal is not allowed to demand someone to hand over ownership of their vehicle but they can however demand the spare keys to a vehicle (F1 menu/vehicle/givekey). A Criminal may also not demand someone to withdraw money from their bank account from an atm/bank
- Under no circumstances can a criminal force his victim to sell his property, such as houses, vehicles or businesses
- A criminal is permitted to scam his victims of up to $60,000 in cash or the same value in items. Scamming must be done in-game by roleplaying it. Scamming people through out-of-character channels is not allowed, this includes scamming someone by telling them the incorrect server command for personal gain.
- Please understand, any place with a “teleport” or “Press E to enter” are places you are prohibited to rob players.
- You can not interfere in robberies. For example, if X is doing a Pacific Standard heist, you cannot enter the bank without permission from X party.
- You may choose to follow people who have just robbed the bank with the intention to rob the money for yourself. You must, however, have RP before resorting to shootouts.
- You cannot rob government employees (PD, DOJ. EMS) strictly for the purpose of obtaining their belongings.
5.2 Assassinations and Hostage Situations
- A player may hire an assassin to kill another player or a group of players, but only if the assassination initiator has a valid in-character reason to kill these players themselves. A player may not hire an assassin to hunt and kill random players of a specific faction. The contract must be placed in-character by roleplaying it.
- Both the initiator and the assassin need to confirm the contract through RP and an out-of-character chat channel on DISCORD, the assassin must take a screenshot of that confirmation, which will act as proof that the killing of other players had not been deathmatching.
- After the victim is killed, the assassin must inform the victim through an out-of-character channel about the contract. An administrator may ask the assassin for proof to confirm the existence of a contract to ensure that other roleplay rules had been followed.
- There has to be a motive behind robbing a Police Officer.
- Gangs are not all about running around and shooting each other so please don’t feel that every gang has to be hostile and cause problems, be original and be creative.
- Initiation before shooting. If you do this verbally or through the use of social media.
5.4 Crime Activities
- We have a list of Banned combat vehicles that can be found by clicking me.
- The set limit to doing a criminal activity is 4 criminals. Criminal activities are anything that is breaking a law, not limited to robberies.
- 4-man rule - Criminal activities are limited to 4 players max at a time. This means that no outside help is allowed in any sort of way. Whoever you bring to the scenario is who you have until it is completely played out. This includes anyone giving information to the scenario (lookouts, radio comms, etc.). You are not allowed to go to where you have accomplices where you would break the four man rule.
- Mechanics can’t use their F1 menu or any other ability gained by the job during criminal activities.
- If you are in a group and separate, different group comes and decide to work together with you, you may not bypass the 30 minute timer between attacks by splitting your forces against a single target or objective. You and however many people working with you who are not a part of your group, must all adhere to one 30 minute timer.
6.1.1 Safe Areas
- Train Station (Fresh spawn)
- Safe areas are in place to prevent individuals from taking advantage of new players to the city.
- You are not allowed to kidnap, kill, rob, or do any other criminal activity to new players. Please let them get their surroundings sorted and character setup.
6.1.2 Off Limits Area
- Fort Zancudo and the aircraft carriers are off-limits, anyone caught violating this rule will be dealt with accordingly. You wouldn’t have access to this place in real life as it’s a highly secured area.
6.2 Deathmatch, Vehicle Deathmatch, Revenge Killing and Kill On Sight
- RP needs to be initiated before a shootout begins.
- Deathmatch is the act of killing or hurting another player or damaging their property intentionally without having a valid in-character reason to do that. Breaking this rule repeatedly will end in a permanent ban.
- You cannot kill another player, because that player had killed you in the past. The new life rule prevents you from doing that. This is called revenge killing and is classed as deathmatch.
- You are allowed to attack another player if they try to hurt you or damage your property intentionally, if they ignore your threats and attempt to resist or if they try to take hostile action against you.
- Random Deathmatch: The act of killing or hurting another player or damaging their property intentionally by use of any force without having a valid in-character reason to do that.
- Vehicle Deathmatch: The act of killing or hurting another player or damaging their property intentionally by using a vehicle without having a valid in-character reason to do that.
6.3 New Life Rule (NLR)
- New Life Rule: Triggered once you die and respawn at the hospital, the cause of death is irrelevant. Getting yourself downed is not considered as dying, therefore once you get treated by EMS, the new life rule is not triggered. You lose all memory from the scenario if you respawn by using “E”.
- Once a player dies, they cannot come back to the area of their death for 15 minutes and they cannot take hostile action against the party responsible for their death for 30 minutes, they also lose every roleplay reason to take hostile action against the party responsible for their death.
- Do not respawn to avoid negative consequences for your character.
- One is not able to decide when another permanently kills their character, this is decided upon OOC and once agreed they can commence with the scenario. You are allowed to plan out a scenario OOC if you decide on permaing your character.
6.4 Combat and Roleplay Logging
- Players are not allowed to disconnect from a roleplay or combat situation that could have negative in-character consequences. If your game crashes, you must reconnect to the server and inform the parties involved with you before the crash and ask them if they want to continue roleplaying the scenario.
- If a player gets kicked from the server while in a combat or a roleplay situation, such as a police pursuit, the administrator who had kicked the player must make sure that the player can continue roleplaying the situation with the same advantages as he had prior to the kick.
6.5 Metagaming and Powergaming
- Metagaming: This is when you use real-life information gained from outside the bounds of the game to benefit your character's knowledge in-game, even though they would not have known this information. For example, watching a stream to find someone’s location or using the “M” name tags and finding out who it is.
- Powergaming: Roleplaying with mechanics/abilities that do not exist or forcing someone else into a situation where they don’t have choices. Ex. Using the /me to force RP in your favor rather than leaving it open ended for all parties involved.
- [ In-character ] Talking in voice-chat or regular text chat, or using the tweet on the phone, /ad, etc... commands are considered as in-character chat. The same rule applies to all global announcements.
- Metagaming to gain an in-game advantage, for example, requesting help from your allies through out-of-character channels, will result in more severe punishments, than accidental metagaming, that serves no benefit to the player, such as calling a stranger by his character name.
- After you die, you cannot talk about your death through in-character channels unless an individual/party informs you through RP.
- Roleplaying something unrealistically ridiculous or forcing roleplay actions on other players by using the /me command is not allowed and is classed as powergaming.
- Dragging a player around with the intent to not create RP and/or to annoy them, is a bannable offence.
- Use of vehicles with unbreakable windows, extremely thin windows, covered fronts, or provide an advantage in shootouts can not be used for criminal activity. For example, the Hermes is a vehicle with a small back window, so it can not be used.
- Use of third party VOIP is strictly prohibited while you are connected to the server. (Skype, Discord, Zoom, etc.)
6.6 Fail Roleplay
- FailRP: Actions that are unrealistic or hurt the roleplay experience of other players are considered as fail roleplay, however, not all actions that may seem unrealistic are punishable. A list of punishable fail roleplay actions: The following is a list of some examples, not everything that could be considered FailRP.
- Failing to respond to /me interactions of other players.
- Refusing to respond to EMS staff - Click me
- Value Of Life: You must value your life similar to the way you do your own life in real life. For example, you must not engage in a gunfight for the fun of it, knowing that you wouldn’t do it IRL.
- Stealing a vehicle by hijacking the driver without engaging in any roleplay, if there are no current circumstances to justify it (for example, other players are trying to hurt, capture or kill you);
- Cop Baiting - Purposefully attempting to bait Police Officers into a scenario without any RP behind it. Ex. Hitting a cop car to have them chase you to an ambush for the purpose of a gunfight.
- Flying a helicopter/plane when your character doesn’t have any experience behind it. (Please wait on a pilot’s license and go through the correct channels)
- Continuing to jump repeatedly while you are out of stamina.
- Talking normally after you have multiple gunshot wounds.
- Low quality RP - Be creative and unique. The baseline level of RP is expected to be at a minimum. You are here to RP and are expected to do so. Please refrain from playing “money simulator”. This can also come in the form of not interacting with other individuals.
6.7 Fear Roleplay
- FearRP: The concept of role-playing fear for your character’s life in situations where your attacker is able to quickly end your life at will. This can come in the form of having a weapon aimed at your character’s head at close range, where reaching for your own weapon would result in you being killed instantly, or where your life is in direct danger and any attempt to resist would result in your immediate death.
- Examples, where your character’s life is in direct danger:
- You are on foot or cornered in a building when a firearm is aimed at you at close range;
- You have committed violent crimes and are surrounded by police officers, who are aiming their weapons at you, prepared to shoot to kill if necessary;
- Examples, where your character’s life is not in direct danger:
- An attacker, who had their firearm aimed at you, leaves close range or aim their weapon in the opposite direction or is distracted and is not observing your actions;
- If an armed individual is across the street from you and starts giving you demands.
- Exceptions, where your character’s life is in direct danger, but you may resist:
- You had been holding a firearm in your hand, prior to your attacker aiming a weapon at you;
- You must display reasonable value for your life and comply with the demands of your attacker; You cannot call 911, call your friends or allies to aid you because that would be a failure to comply;
- As an attacker, who is endangering the life of another person:
- You cannot brutally wound or kill your victim if they are complying with your demands;
- The victim gains a valid roleplay reason to take hostile action against you, which they can exercise once their life is not in any direct danger;
6.8 Out of Character and In-Character information
- Out-of-character evidence (video recordings, screenshots) can be used as evidence, if the footage of rule break had been captured by a player.
- You cannot watch a stream and use that information to your knowledge! Refer to section 1.3